1. capable of being sustained
2. (of economic development, energy sources, etc) capable of being maintained at a steady level without exhausting natural resources or causing severe ecological damage: sustainable development.
The objective when using Ecodesign is to try to respect and preserve the vitality and diversity of planet Earth, minimizing non-renewable resource depletion, and trying to change attitudes and habits in line with our planet’s capacities.
Currently, we use up much more of the environment than we have. Facts prove that to secure an intact environment for the future, we must reduce environmental consumption" now. The Ecodesign provides one possible solution to turn this postulate into reality.
Our principles for sustainability are the following:
- Respect and care for the environment
- Preserve regenerative possibilities of the Earth’s resources.
- Minimizing non-renewable resource depletion.
- Changing attitudes and some daily life habits in line with our planet’s capacities.
We put all this into practice by:
- Cyclic design, instead of a lineal design.
- Choosing recycled and non-toxic materials.
- Reducing waste materials to minimum levels.
- Reducing the use of ink in the printing process
to minimum levels.
- Choosing local providers that employ renewable
energy and environmentally friendly.
- Studying each case, deciding which means
to use and the production volume to be carried
out if necessary.
- Educate the consumer about the products’ life cycle through marketing.
Working in a sustainable way can be both simple and complicated. We only need to evaluate our professional practice and measure the environmental impact that our whole production process will cause.
Pots llegir aquesta pàgina en català aquí Puedes leer esta pagina en castellano aquí